Closing date for applications: June 29th, 2018
We are recruiting a Local Area Advisor to cover the Cambridge, Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds area.
About the role
The Local Area Advisor’s primary objectives are to:
- Effectively manage a pre-arranged client base;
- Ensure that a comprehensive assessment is made of each new client;
- Ensure that carers are effectively supervised, monitored and supported as and when requested by the office;
- Promote and professionally represent Christies Care in their particular areas;
- Meet and sell the concept of working together to potential partners. Potential partners will mostly be privately based hourly care agencies, NHS professionals, charities, individuals and social workers;
- Maintain and improve relationships with identified partners (in liaison with Head office).
The Local Area Advisor must communicate effectively with:
- Clients, their agreed relatives or representatives;
- Live in Carers;
- The Booking Team;
- The Advisor Admin Team and Local Area Advisor Manager;
- Other employees of Christies Care;
- Social Services department staff;
- GP’s, District Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Macmillan Nurses, etc.;
- Hourly agencies.
The Local Area Advisor has the following key tasks:
- Visiting clients on a pre-determined rota to complete reviews and update risk assessments;
- Arranging and booking appointments with clients and carers direct;
- Entering all pre-planned visits onto the Advisor on-line diary;
- Visiting new clients and carrying out formal face to face assessments in the home, recording care needs accurately and providing relevant feedback to the Advisor Admin Team;
- Supervising, monitoring and supporting carers in the work place;
- Promoting Christies Care in their areas;
- Carrying out risk assessments, once qualified;
- Carrying out ‘Spot Checks’ where required;
- Cold Calling to potential partners;
- Meet and sell successfully the concept of working together with potential partners;
- Report the results back to the office;
- Undertake joint business development with partners: telling others about partners service, as well as our own;
- Identify possible leads, and follow up (in liaison with head office);
- Sending all reports to the office within 48 hours of the visit taking place but where this falls over a weekend or a bank holiday, we expect the reports to be received in the office by the end of the next working day.
The criteria by which the Local Area Advisor may judge the effectiveness of their performance include:
- Positive feedback from clients, their relatives and representatives and the lack of complaints;
- Positive feedback from carers on the support they receive;
- The speed of submission of reports to Head Office departments;
- The speed of new client assessments being completed;
- The speed of urgent requests being completed;
- All client reviews / assessments visited within specified time limit;
- All carer supervisions/discussions completed when requested;
- The number of new clients in their areas using Christies Care services as a result of their promotional efforts;
- Positive feedback from hourly agencies, NHS professionals, charities and social workers;
- The success of visits to Partners in Care;
- The success of arranging meetings via cold calling.
The starting wage is £13.05 an hour which will increase after passing probation.