Last Wednesday saw the very first presentation of Christies Care’s ‘Extra Mile’ award.
This will be awarded every 3 months and is our way of formally recognising those employees who go the ‘extra mile’ in their working day.
It is open to all our office staff, advisors and housekeeping staff. Staff members were asked to nominate who they felt most deserved this award, stating how their colleague had gone above and beyond in their role.
Decided by the Directors, the inaugural Extra Mile Award was presented to Assistant Co-ordinator, Rici Short.
Rici received a certificate, £25 in high street vouchers and, more importantly, the acclaim of his colleagues.
A selection of comments from the nominations for Rici included:
- He’s always willing to help others;
- No job is too big or too small;
- Rici goes above and beyond in his role and even helps others with theirs at times;
- He’s always polite;
- Never hesitated to move stuff for people or help with packing during the office move;
- Rici helped with the destruction of files and moving of office furniture;
- He displays a “can do” attitude, which is invaluable when you want things done;
- Never ignores requests or has a “not in my job description” attitude;
- Rici’s always helpful and cheerful;
- Carries out any task without complaint and politeness;
- He works behind the scenes to help keep everything running smoothly.
“Thank you everyone for your kind words. I’m always happy to help and thank you for my gifts they are much appreciated.”